Dual-core processing, Android 3.0 Honeycomb platform, and 10.1-inch HD multi-touch display.
Front-facing camera for video chats, and rear 5-megapixel camera for HD 720p video capture.
It runs Google`s Android 3.0 Honeycomb operating system, which offers a multi-touch, holographic user interface that improves on Android favorites such as widgets, multi-tasking, browsing, notifications and customization. It also offers the latest Google Mobile innovations, including Google Maps 5.0 with 3D interaction, access to over 3 million Google eBooks and Google Talk with video and voice chat.
The Motorola XOOM features a front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats over Wi-Fi via Google Talk, as well as a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera (with LED flash for stills) that captures video in 720p HD. The 10.1-inch display delivers console-like gaming performance on its 1280 x 800-pixel display, and it features a built-in gyroscope, barometer, e-compass, accelerometer, and adaptive lighting for new types of applications.
Other features include a 32 GB internal memory, memory expansion via optional microSD cards (with future software upgrade), 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to personal and corporate e-mail, HD 1080p video playback, HDMI output for connecting to a compatible HDTV or monitor, and a 3250 mAh battery for up to 10 hours of Wi-Fi internet browsing.
Android 3.0 Honeycomb
Specifically optimized for devices with larger screen sizes such as tablets, the Android 3.0 platform (dubbed Honeycomb) introduces a brand new, truly virtual and holographic UI design. With five customizable home screens, you can easily access your favorite live widgets or application shortcuts. Each screen features a familiar launcher to access to all installed applications, as well as a Search box for universal search of apps, contacts, media files, web content, and more.
Multitasking in Android 3.0 is easier than ever, and you can use the Recent Apps list in the System Bar to see the tasks underway and quickly jump from one application context to another. You`ll even see a snapshot of the last screen viewed in that app as a visual reminder. The Android onscreen keyboard has also been redesigned to make entering text fast and accurate on larger screen sizes.
Other features in Android 3.0 Honeycomb include:
- Scrollable and stacked widgetslet you scroll or flick through content within the widget itself, on the home page, without opening the application.
- Unobtrusive notification systemdisplays icons for different notifications (messages, downloads, system updates, etc.) in the lower right corner. Just touch the digital time display to open the entire notification panel.
- Redesigned YouTube applicationwith a cool 3D gallery.
- Android Market for Android 3.0is
your one-stop-shop for eBooks, games, and applications.
Optional speaker dock.
Power Accessories beyond the Charger
The Motorola XOOM has a wide range of optional accessories to expand its power and capabilities. The smart docks are no longer just a place to charge your device; they make Motorola XOOM a portable play and work station that fits your lifestyle. The Standard Dock can be used for watching video content or listening to music through external speakers as the device charges. The Speaker HD Dock allows you to send HD content directly to your TV or blast your tunes without attaching external speakers.
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n)for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1)includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Onboard GPSfor navigation and location services.
- Integrated Google Mapswith turn-by-turn navigation, street, satellite, and three-dimensional landscape views.
Communications and Internet
The Motorola XOOM weighs 25 ounces and measures 9.8 x 6.6 x 0.5 inches. Its 3250 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 10 hours of video playback, up to 10 hours of Wi-Fi web browsing, and up to 3.3 days of MP3 playback.