"Grande Date" display below 12 o'clock
Chronograph accurate to 1/10th of a second
In 1975, TAG Heuer introduced the world's first quartz chronograph. Today, the company is still at the cutting edge of timing technology and produces quartz chronographs that offer highly accurate time measurement, while remaining easy to use. FUNCTIONS OF THE 1/10TH SEC. CHRONOGRAPHS The 1/10th sec. quartz chronographs can measure up to 12 hours of elapsed time to within 1/10th of a second. They have the following basic functions: • Simple time measurement • Additional time measurement
Double security clasp bracelet.
With easy to use push buttons
Luminescent hands and indexes
are hand-applied and provide excellent visibility in the dark or underwater.
Oversize screw in crown with double gaskets
Easy-to-hold and ensuring water-resistance to 300 m
Scratch resistant sapphire crystal
for excellent durability
All our watches are fitted with sapphire crystal. This is cut from a polished slice of solid sapphire that has been created by the fusion and crystallization of alumina. Sapphire is so hard that only a diamond can scratch it.
Six large studs on bezel
allow for easy manipulation with diving gloves
Unidirectional turning bezel
measures time limits and is an essential safety feature. Any accidental movement of the bezel can only reduce the indicated remaining time.
Water resistant to 300m: a proof of ultimate resistance
ensured by rigorous manufacturing standards and strict testing.
A QUARTZ MOVEMENT
A quartz movement is powered by a battery. Its regulator (time-measuring device) is a quartz crystal. An electrical current causes the crystal to vibrate very consistently and at a very high frequency (32,768 times per second). This gives the movement almost perfect precision (a variation of only a few seconds per month.)
TAG HEUER QUARTZ MOVEMENTS
Quartz movements used by TAG Heuer are some of the most reliable and accurate made in Switzerland. They are also distinguished by excellent resistance to shocks and magnetic fields.
TAG HEUER BATTERIES
The batteries for TAG Heuer quartz movements have a service life of at least two years.
For increased security, all TAG Heuer quartz watches(except chronographs) are ?tted with an end of battery life indicator (EOL). When the battery shows signs of weakening, the seconds hand starts making four-second jumps every four seconds. However, the movement continues to display the exact time until the battery is exhausted.
Unidirectional turning bezel
To maintain the esthetic appeal of your watch and keep it in good working order, you should clean it regularly as follows:
- First make sure the crown is fully screwed down.
- If the seals in your TAG Heuer watch have been changed and tested at an authorised TAG Heuer service centre within the last 12 months, then you can use a soft brush with slightly soapy water to clean the case and bracelet, then rinse it with clear water and dry it with a soft cloth. If your watch is fitted with a strap made from fabric, leather, alligator or python skin, take care not to get it wet
- If you have any doubts about the water-resistance of your watch, simply clean it with a soft brush then dry it.
- Avoid contact with chemical products (solvents, detergents, cosmetics, etc.) They may damage the bracelet and the water-resistance gaskets.
If the temperature changes suddenly, a slight amount condensation may appear under the crystal of your watch. This mist will disappear by itself and will not affect the functioning of the watch. If the condensation persists, please see your official
TAG Heuer dealer.
Water resistance is not a permanent condition. The rubber seals that are designed to ensure against water entry, are under constant pressure and given time will deteriorate. For this important reason we recommend that a watch should be checked annually to ensure that the seals remain intact. This thorough and extensive testing includes pressure tests and bench tests and is considered an essential element in the care and maintenance of our watches.
For all movements
- Make sure that your watch is perfectly dry.
- Move the crown carefully to make the various changes that are possible.
- Avoid changing the date between 8:00 pm and 4.00 am.
- Once the changes are made, push the crown back in and (depending on the model) screw it down against the case to preserve its water-resistance.
For mechanical movements
- When a mechanical self-winding watch is not worn for a certain amount of time, its power reserve (42 – 48 hours depending on the model) is exhausted and the watch stops. To restart it, unscrew the crown if necessary (depending on the model) and wind the movement manually by turning the crown 30- 40 times. This will give it a sufficient power reserve to function normally.
- A non-automatic mechanical watch has to be wound every day, winding is complete when you feel the crown resist. Your TAG Heuer is then wound to the maximum. It is important not to force the crown of a hand-wound watch to avoid damaging the mechanism.
Straps in fabric, leather and alligator or python skin
- Avoid all contact with water (baths, showers etc). Despite your care and attention, leather is a natural, living material and its color will fade a little over time.
The high level of TAG Heuer quality is founded on the rigourous choice and continuous monitoring of all its suppliers and their products. Throughout the manufacturing process, each component is subjected to numerous tests and controls designed to verify how carefully it has been made.