The GH4 delivers video quality surpassing many professional video cameras. Video can be recorded in a variety of
formats, from efficient AVCHD and AVCHD Progressive, to 200 Mbps All-Intra and 100 Mbps IPB MOV and MP4 formats
. And because the GH4 is a global camera, the system frequency can be switched between 59.94 Hz (23.98 Hz) and 50
Hz, yielding a variety of recording options including 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, and 59.94p. The system can also be
switched to 24 Hz to capture true 24p in HD and 4K resolutions.
16.05 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
- The 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor delivers high-quality
- images with high sensitivity and quick response times. The increased
- signal speed readout helps to suppress the effects of rolling shutter.
- In conjunction with the quad-core Venus Engine image processor,
- youll enjoy dramatically improved sensitivity (maximum ISO 25600)
- , gradation performance, resolution, and color reproduction.
Micro Four Thirds System and Lens Mount
- The DMC-GH4s 4/3″ type sensor is large enough for shallow depth of
- field and yet small enough to take advantage of lighter, more compact
- lenses than a larger format camera would require. Plus, the short flange
- focal distance of the Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount makes it possible to add
- optional adapters (sold separately) to use a wide range of lenses, including
- PL-mount cinema lenses.
Dual OLED Displays Monitor and Live View Finder
- High-speed, organic LED displays are used for both the Live View Finder and the
- rear monitor. The 3.0″ monitor features a 1,036K-dot resolution and a touchscreen
- interface for intuitive control, while the LVF features a 2,359K-dot resolution. These
- displays feature 100% coverage and a 10,000:1 contrast ratio. An Eye Sensor
- automatically switches between the Live View-Finder and the rear monitor, for
- easy shooting with both.
Magnesium Alloy, Weather Sealed Body
- The DMC-GH4 features a magnesium alloy full die cast front and rear frame. A splash
- and dustproof design is achieved by tightly sealing the joints and control components.
- To further meet the demands of professional use, the shutter is rated for approximately
- 200,000 releases.